Tuesday 21 February 2012

First post

I have been humming and hawing about creating a blog for a long time now, I'm not much of a talker and I have a really hard time with self promotion. But in order to really do what I love I need to suck it up and put myself out there, share my projects, my inspirations, essentially my life.
 I love so many different things, sometimes my brain feels too full of things that I want to do that I get nothing done because I don't know where to start, or once I start something I think of something else, and I move on without finishing what I already started. I am hoping this gives me a reason to start and finish whatever it is I am doing.
 Thank you and enjoy!

 Perpentine design studio is the name of my salon. I got the name from game of balderdash, it is an obsolete Shakespearean word for porcupine (it has nothing to do with anything but it had a good ring to it).
 So a little about me, I'm a hairstylist/ fashion designer. I have my own one woman salon in a small town in Saskatchewan. When I'm not doing hair I am usually sewing or creating or designing something in my attached studio. A bonus of being in a small town is the amount of space that I have and the affordability to be able to take the time to do what I love.
 I went to beauty school right after high school, and then to fashion design school a few years ago in pursuit of my true love... clothing. 
 Here are a few pieces I made while in design school










1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm like you in that I have way too many things going on in my head that I just don't know where to begin. A blog is an excellent place to start because it gives you some accountability!
    Looking forward to reading!!

    ReplyDelete